Wandering Whale was established in April 2018. It is an APP that recycles second-hand books and sells second-hand books. It is mainly launched through small programs and quickly spreads with the help of WeChat social traffic. It is currently a popular second-hand book trading platform.
2. Product positioning
Wandering Whale is a second-hand book circulation market that adopts the point model. The "points strategy" is adopted, the original price is recovered, and the book is bought at a 15% discount. The income from the book sale cannot be used for country email list cash withdrawal. The sales money is innovatively converted into points circulating on the platform, and the book fee is used to deduct the original price of the book when buying a book. 85% and the remaining 15% are paid in cash.
There are three different characteristics between Wandering Whale and the second-hand circulation market on the market: the platform's "original price" recycling of old books, the industrialized processing of second-hand books, and the "15% discount" for users to buy books, that is, an additional self-made currency system of "virtual book fees".
2. Project background and needs analysis
At present, the problem that Roaming Whale is facing is that in the face of young literary and artistic users who love to read, the second-hand book transaction can no longer meet the needs of users, and the book fee cannot be withdrawn. Many users leave when they run out, and the retention rate is low; The function of writing book reviews, accumulating high-quality content, building a community building of roaming whales, and strengthening communication between users, in order to attract more users to stay on the platform.
At present, the applet has relatively complete basic functions such as buying and selling books, but it does not have the function of writing book reviews. If users want to know the content of the book, they can only understand the content of the book through the reviews of other applet or platforms, and then they can make decisions for buying books. Refer to the decision; and some users want to write some of their own experiences when selling books, or recommend high-quality books to everyone, and exchange the content of books between users.
Therefore, Roaming Whale decided to add the function of "writing a book review", so that users can directly see the book review of the book in the applet, and can also communicate with other users. Communication between users to enhance user stickiness.